Friday, November 18, 2005

Move Update

First off, it still hasn't happened. When "early next week" came and went I phoned the movers (Globus Moving Company- incase you were wondering who NOT to use in the event of a move) and I was told "we'll be with you either Thursday or Friday morning". Here it is Friday morning and still no truck. Nick had a phone call yesterday from the driver who apologized for this most recent delay and then went on to explain how he had fallen ill the day before and needed to take a day off from driving....that's acceptable, people get sick, but here it is November 18th and we were expecting our things on November 5th. Having driven across the country once or twice before (although never in an 18 wheeler) I know that it normally does not take this long...even with the slight delay when the truck broke down. It's all just very annoying. So the latest claim is that we can expect delivery either Saturday night or Sunday morning...but I will not be betting on that!

1 comment:

Donna said...

How very frustrating!