That Santa mysteriously showed up at our house around Christmas time. For some reason he never got packed away with the rest of the decorations and has been living on the back porch along with a strange furry dog that barks jingle bells.Periodically Jack will try to grab at Santa but, apart from pulling out a few random tufts of beard, has so far been unsuccessful. Annabelle has taken absolutely no interest in Santa, until today...
When, for some unknown reason, she turned him on... and when Santa started reciting Twas the Night Before Christmas in a slow, ominous tone, she stepped back in horror. Then froze.As I tried to break her from her trance it occurred to me that she could very well be scarred for life. What might I possibly say to her that would snap her out of it and keep from sending her running to the nearest corner to rock back and forth every time she saw a man wearing a red suit?
I did the only thing I could... I told her that she shouldn't be afraid of Santa because he brings toys. Once I mentioned the "T" word she perked right up. "Toys!!?, For meeee???" Next thing I know she was leaning in, kissing talking Santa and asking him for a new ball... a blue one.

2 comments:
Hey Annabelle, I hope you get your blue ball!
The first picture of Annabelle is great. I love the expression on her face.
Post a Comment