You've got to love those life jackets! They look adorable on but, I'm not sure how useful they even are. The kids kept flipping over with their faces planted straight in the water!!! Sure they will keep you afloat in the event you accidentally fall in, but it's up to you to work out how to flip over and get your face out of the water... not an easy task for a drowning toddler, I imagine!
Face planting aside, Annabelle and Jack had so much fun swimming in the big pool with their big cousins that they stayed in the water until they were blue. Which was great, not for the fact that they were a really cool shade of blue, but that they were both so tired they fell asleep in the car on the way home and slept through until 9am (I think we will be doing a lot more swimming this summer). It's a shame about the life jackets though, I was sort of looking forward to just letting them loose to bob around in the pool by themselves.

3 comments:
Very nice. You could really use the type of life jacket that has a head support/headrest which would make it very difficult for the child to go face down. They make them to fit children up to 50 lbs.
cutest post ever! everyone looks so happy
I agree.What a happy family.
Post a Comment