This weather is a nightmare. I hate it. I don't usually mind the cold, or the snow, but I can't stand when it snows and then rains and freezes, turning your street into a sheet of ice... Or when the snow plow piles everything up in front of your house making it almost impossible to shovel, because it is now a pile of ice.
It took me over an hour to get my car out of the driveway this morning. I never park in the driveway. I moved my car off of the street yesterday so that the evil snow plow could do it's job and instead of getting a nice clear spot where my car is usually parked, I got a pile of ice. Thanks snowplow guy. As an aside, my neighbor went to go by an ice pick.
I bent one of my windshield wipers this morning whilst trying to chisel the ice from my car. Normally I would take the optimistic approach and think of it as a motivator to go and get new wipers but annoyingly enough, in a rare moment of insanity I had recently made a trip to the Auto Zone and purchased new ones.
Apparently most of the stores in our area have run out of rock salt. I never understand why this happens. You would think that they would get it right by now... Supply and demand people. Every year there is winter in New England, every year it snows, every year people need rock salt. The shelf stockers should have figured this one out by now.
I hate that I can't take the kids outside to play. In the nicer weather going for walks to the park and playing outside is a HUGE part of our day. I would let them play outside in the snow if I weren't afraid that their snot might freeze, oh that and the fact that the snow is actually ice.
*update: Ice picks are hard to come by at the moment. On the upside, my nice elderly neighbors (who helped push my car this morning) have found some sand or something and gritted the driveway and our front walk!
Thursday, February 15, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I hear your pain! Cat litter, while not quite rock salt, does a decent job and is vaguely natural enough it's not so bad for the environment.
Post a Comment