Annabelle just came up to me out of the blue and said "Mommy, I don't want to wear diapers anymore." Clearly I must have misunderstood her, just two days ago she informed me that she will be wearing diapers forever because she loves them so much. And not the pull ups either, real diapers. Naturally I asked what she meant by that and she repeated herself and then proceeded to tell me that she was ready to wear big girl pants and use the potty. This came as a mighty shock considering Annabelle has NEVER actually *gone* on the potty... Not for lack of trying on my part, of course. So when she asked if we had any monkey underpants (which we do) and could she wear them now (right when she was about to go in for a nap), I was overcome with a feeling that cannot be described in words. It was sort of a feeling of horror, dread, fear and joy all jumbled together. She was so pleased with her decision that there was no way I could have said no. So at the moment Annabelle is napping and wearing her big girl Curious George underpants and I am wondering how much laundry I will be doing today.
*Update: Annabelle of course woke up from her nap completely soaked. She has decided that she would be better off trying pull-up training pants for a while... I concur.
Thursday, April 26, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Way to go Annabelle! And to think that you had monkey undies available...
That is fantastic! yay Annabelle! (and Jen, for doing laundry). ^_^
Post a Comment