The Monkeys made their first visit to the cinema yesterday, to see Shrek the Third. I was a little bit nervous about taking them because they can barely sit still for five minutes, let alone two hours but, in general, they both did really well.
Annabelle was very, very excited... more so about my nephews coming with us than seeing the film but I'm sure she didn't really understand what was about to happen. Once we arrived at the cinema her eyes widened and the excitement level elevated through the roof, especially when she saw the snack kiosk. I got her a bag of popcorn and then barely heard a peep out of her until the movie was over. She sat in the row across from me, in between my nephews, so if there was any chitter-chatter they got the brunt of it.
Jack wasn't quite sure what to make of it all. When we first walked into the theater there was a very loud preview showing on the screen, which must have frightened him because he clung to me and would not let go. He started to relax a bit once the scary preview was over and by the time Shrek had started he was sitting calmly on my lap. He sat on my lap quietly, eating popcorn, for a good hour before he started getting fidgety. There was another little girl, who was about Jack's age, in the row behind us who kept getting up to say hello. Before long the two of them were running up and down the center aisle together, at one point, Jack stopped and did a little dance while announcing to the entire audience, (at full volume) "I'M DANCING!" It was then that I knew Jack had seen enough of Shrek. So Jack was removed, he and I spent the final 15 minutes of the film wandering around the lobby.
Wednesday, June 20, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment