Tuesday, September 11, 2007

The Unofficial First Day

There was an open house at Annabelle's preschool today. It was her first time seeing her classroom and meeting her new teacher and the other children in her class. Her "official" first day is next Tuesday and she is very excited!

From the moment we left until right before bed, all she talked about was how much fun she had at school and how she couldn't wait to go back. Actually, I had a hard time getting her to leave!

Although she looks a little nervous in the first photo, I can assure you she was as cool as a cucumber! She walked right in to the classroom, said hello to the teacher, sat down and made herself at home. She sat right by the door and greeted all the other children as they walked in.

About halfway through the open house the parents were asked to leave so that the teacher could get a better sense of how the children would deal with the separation. Of course my lovely daughter practically didn't even notice that I had left the room! She did great, made a few friends, and had a big smile on her face when she came out of the classroom and saw me waiting in the hall... I only wish the photo was better.

5 comments:

Kristina said...

I can't believe she's old enough to start pre-school! Did Jack miss his big sis?

Annabelle, I love your first day of school outfit. You look very pretty.

(Mom, it's very Northeast... I love it!)

Manic Mommy said...

She looks like a Brownie. Soo cute. I'm waiting for Burberry skirt day!

Jen said...

OMG, she DOES look like a Brownie! I was wondering why that outfit looked so familiar! Now it all makes sense.

And Tina, we weren't away from her long enough for Jack to miss her. Next Tuesday will be another story... I'll let you know then.

Anonymous said...

How did you handle her first day? Are you pregnant yet?

Amy

Jen said...

Um, NO.