Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Happy Halloween!!

It's so hard to get a decent picture of these two!

Here they are right before going trick-or-treating, Annabelle is a puppy and Jack is a pirate... Wearing half of his costume, which in itself is a major achievement. This is what Jack would have looked like had he not had a meltdown when I tried to put his costume on him:

It was a bit big anyway, maybe I can force him into it next year.

Trick-or-treating was a lot of fun... Following in the footsteps of his big sister, Jack assumed the role of "cat burglar" breaking and entering into several residences, only he was a pirate, so he was much less subtle as he barged through and flailed his sword about in search of some booty to plunder.

Actually, he only went into about 3 houses, which didn't even come close to the number of houses Annabelle ran into last year. Still, somehow he ended up with twice as much candy as she did this year. By the end of the night Jack's pumpkin weighed almost as much as he does and he was determined to lug that thing around all by himself... I'm guessing he was just afraid to let the candy out of his site!

Annabelle was the model trick-or-treater this year. She was super keen to wear her costume and even tried to help me convince Jack to wear his by telling him that he wouldn't be allowed any candy unless he dressed up. When that tactic failed she offered up her black cat costume from last year in hopes that he would jump on the enthusiasm band wagon. No such luck, but she does get an "A" for effort!

4 comments:

Donna said...

It is nice when they join forces and try to help you. That happens in our house once in a while.

Annabelle makes a cute puppy and Jack would have been a rather handsome pirate.

What are you going to do with all that candy???

Jen said...

Why eat it, of course!

Kristina said...

YAY!! Annabelle finally got to be a puppy this year! A cute one at that.

Jack makes a very nice pirate as well.

We had one trick or treater... Troy's niece who made a special stop as a bumble bee. I didn't buy any candy but managed to scrounge up some tootsie rolls hidden in our night stand...

Anonymous said...

These pictures are too cute! That made me laugh about what he would have looked like! Caleb said he wasn't going as a chicken up until right before we got dressed. Luckily I was able to get him dressed without a meltdown!

You asked about the Cars shirt...Pitstop!! I found it at Disney shopping dot com, if you click on the picture of the shirt it will direct link to it. I'm wondering if I could find it at the Disney store though (?)