Monday, January 21, 2008

Officially A Big Kid!!

Yesterday, Annabelle decided that she was ready to take the final step in becoming a "big kid" and tossed all of her binkies in the trash!

We had been discussing losing the binky for quite some time... As she used it only at night we weren't in a major rush to get rid of it, but had given her until her fourth birthday to make her peace with the separation. She had agreed that four was too old to use a binky and said she would be willing to give it up then, but I had my doubts. With a little over two weeks to go, I was mentally preparing myself for a battle.

Much to my surprise, she announced yesterday that she was ready. She marched over to the trash bin with a fist full of binkies, tossed them in, and said goodbye. When it was bed time she went straight in... Without even mentioning binky!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mark still uses the bink at night - we are giving him until Feb 2 (his birthday) to lose the bink. I may be calling on Annabelle for a little support.

Amy

Anonymous said...

Yeaaahhhh, Annabelle.
I'm very proud of you.
Now you are officially a big girl !!

Anonymous said...

Awww Way to go Annabelle! So I'm not delusional for thinking Caleb might drop his "pappy" habit on his own! He also only uses it at naps and night (for the last 10 months or so). He will be three in March and everyone is on my case about it. Glad to know it is possible to let them make the decision!

Donna said...

Way to go Annabelle!

Manic Mommy said...

Testing if my profile picture comes up. And oh, yay Annabelle!