Friday, January 18, 2008

WAH!!!!

The boy has finally discovered that he can climb out of his crib. Not good. I was kind of hoping that he would take after his sister and stay put until he was at least three and a half, but now I'm thinking that's not going to happen. He's a determined little bugger, that one.

This has been a looooooooooong week. I was sick with a pukey stomach thing (no, I am not pregnant), and then Annabelle came down with a coughy thing. The cough is not that bad, just constant... And annoying. She has been waking every hour on the hour at night, as have I, and not napping AT ALL during the day. I fear her napping days may be coming to an end soon and this frightens me... I look forward to my daily nap time "break", as I think it is what keeps me sane(ish).

Anyway, because she has been sick and the weather has been crap, we have been trapped in the house for days. I'm starting to feel a bit crazy. I'm actually looking forward to taking Annabelle to the doctor later, just to get out of the house.

Speaking of feeling crazy, Annabelle has developed a new sound, kind of a cross between a moan and a whine, and she has been making it constantly. Constantly. As in, all day. And night. At 5-7 second intervals. I know she isn't feeling well, but this noise, this awful noise, is making me want to rip my hair out!!

Speaking of wanting to rip my hair out, Jack has become insanely mischievous whilst we have been under quarantine. Every time I turn my back he is into something new... I'm wiping up the 2 gallons of water he has spilled on the floor in the kitchen, he is in the living room playing in the fireplace (filled with ashes). I'm cleaning up the mess from the fireplace, he is pulling Annabelle's hair. I'm consoling Annabelle, he is getting up from his "time out" and putting my coffee pot in the trash bin. That sort of thing.

Life is good.

*update: Back from Annabelle's Dr. visit and I no longer wish to rip out my hair. Despite the fact that neither child napped today, they were both shockingly well behaved at the Doctor's office. As it turns out, Annabelle has double ear infections. She's on meds and seems quite chipper, in fact, she is roller skating around the house at the moment.

3 comments:

Donna said...

I hope you are all feeling better soon!

Manic Mommy said...

Never mind replying to my email. I'm up to speed now. Mid-winter blues have arrived.

Too funny about Jack and the crib. It's like he and Connor had a conference on the subject.

Time for a playdate with mommy popcicles...

Emilie said...

I feel for you. I am feeling sorry for myself because my one child just switched from 2 long naps to one long one, and I have also been feeling sorry for myself because it's drizzly and haven't been able to spend as much time outside, but still managed a couple of walks yesterday. Obviously, my coping skills need to be checked! You are doing great! Sorry about Annabelle's ear infections...