Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Birthday Weekend

I had planned to take Jack to either the Children's Museum or an indoor play space on his birthday but he was feeling a bit under the weather, so we ended up staying home and playing "trampoline" on Annabelle's bed! Later
on that evening, we took Jack out to dinner. We were all feeling the effects of this cold/cough thing that has been lingering, and dinner ended up being a bit of a chore... In retrospect, I'm thinking Jack would have much rather preferred to stay home and open presents!


The next day we had a party at the house with all of Jack's little friends. Once again, Nick was The. Games. Master. He did his best to keep those kids wrangled during the games, especially while playing pass the parcel; it was like mini kiddie boot camp! He did a good job though, and Jack had a blast, which is all that matters...

The following day was Easter Sunday. We went to my parent's house for Easter and also had another party for Jack. I made mini car cakes for the Easter family birthday party, which Nick helped to decorate. I think they came out pretty decent... They look much better than my first "trial run" cakes, which stuck to the pan and were decorated by the kids!





2 comments:

Kristina said...

VERY cute cakes! I'm impressed!!

Anonymous said...

They came out so great! Absolutely love them! I was too lazy to go out and hunt down candy to decorate them with, and the grocery store had very little to work with. Hope Jack had a wonderful birthday!

PS Love that picture of Annabelle jumping, that is so neat!