Thursday, March 20, 2008

Break Through, Break Down

We had a little break through with Jack today; I accidentally left a full (open) can of diet Pepsi on the dining room table and Jack, rather than his normal dumping out the contents and smashing the can on the floor, carefully brought it over to me without spilling a drop! He was too cute, holding the can with two hands and carefully placing it front of me as he said, "here you go Mommy, you forgot your pessi".

On the flip side; Annabelle is causing me a mental break down. She had a MAJOR meltdown as we were leaving the gym because I zipped up her coat. I zipped up her coat. I ZIPPED UP HER COAT!!!! She actually shouted at me in the car- a first, the shouting thing. When did four become the new fourteen?

2 comments:

Donna said...

Happy Birthday Jack Henry!

By the way, we have been experiencing the "4 thing" for a while now. There are times of complete joy and other times of, shall I say, real bitchiness? Once in a while, my 4 year old needs to be reminded of what her role is in this family, Boss not being one of them.

The good times far outweigh the tough times!

Is this a sneak peek into the pre teen years (I understand that around 10 they really show a colorful side)?

Emilie said...

How old is Jack? So how much longer until I think Violet will have a breakthrough and not dump liquids on the floor?

As far as Annabelle and the coat, just sounds like another day with Violet, lately!

Ahh... just got back from Easter Brunch where I thought we were going to get thrown out of the restaurant. Luckily we were in a kid-friendly place...