Sometimes I wonder about Annabelle. Sometimes she just doesn't seem to be "all there." She is very smart, her teacher said so, but sometimes she just seems so... Blond.
Yesterday I picked her up from school and as we were driving home she announced to me that she, "got in to trouble three times at school." When I asked what she had done, the conversation went something like this:
Me: You got in trouble? What happened?
Annabelle: Oh, you know.
Me: I don't know. What did you do?
Annabelle: I just, um, hey Mommy, are we driving?
Me: Huh?
Annabelle: Are we driving?
Me: Yes Annabelle, we are driving. What did you do to get into trouble?
Annabelle: I, well, I was, is that light red?
Me: Annabelle, what happened at school?
Annabelle: I was being mean.
Me: Who were you being mean to?
Annabelle: Oh, just my teacher.
Me: WHAT??? How were you being mean to your teacher?
Annabelle: I, well, can we go to the park?
Me: Uh, NO. How were you mean to your teacher?
Annabelle: Can we go to the toy store?
Me: Why were you being mean to your teacher?
Annabelle: But I really want to go to the toy store.
Me: We are not going to the toy store. What happened at school?
Annabelle: Then can we go to the park? I really want to go to the park.
Me: WHAT HAPPENED AT SCHOOL!!!!!!!
This exchange went on for, what seemed like, AGES. Eventually, what I got out of the conversation was that the class was practicing for their graduation performance and Annabelle didn't feel like doing part of it, so she decided that she would run around the auditorium. When her teacher asked her to stop playing up she refused and was sent off to another room.
Wednesday, May 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
HAHAHAHAHA She sounds VERY smart to me! By the time you finally finish prying out of her what may or may not have happened, you are too confused to be mad! lol Ah, aren't they creative?
Caleb came in last night and asked me what store we were going to, and upon no reply from me, he said "The Toy Store, you say?! Okay!"
She's wearing you down inch by inch until you forget what the question was.
Crafty little Jedi.
OMG - it's sounds frighteningly familiar to conversations we have with The Boy! She's a quick one.
Post a Comment