When we were at the grocery store this morning, I was reminded of an event that happened a few weeks ago; The kids and I went to a local Comcast Cable center, to exchange our broken cable remote, when Annabelle encountered a young woman who, although looked as though she may belong to a street gang and/or "packing" (a gun), was wearing socks and sandals. Annabelle approached the young woman, tugged on her shirt, and said, "um, excuse me... you're not supposed to wear socks and sandals." Fortunately the girl chuckled.
And we lived to tell the tale.
So, this morning we're walking along in the grocery store when suddenly Annabelle shouts out, "MOMMY!!! THAT LADY IS WEARING SOCKS AND SANDALS!!!!" *no response from me* "LOOK MOMMY, LOOOOOOK!!!!!" *still no response* "CAN YOU SEE HER? SHE IS WEARING SOCKS annnnnd SANDALS!!!!" -pointing her out as if she were wearing an elephant costume- *I shushed Annabelle -but inside, I was laughing*
I never did get a look at the woman Annabelle was shouting about but, coincidentally, a few aisles later some woman was giving me the evil eye. Just as I was wondering what her problem was, I looked down and noticed her feet; socks and sandals. Explains it all.
Thursday, July 03, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment