On Friday Jack completed his first sticker chart for potty usage, so yesterday, as promised, we took him to the giraffe store (toys r us) to get a reward. He chose a pack of cars- big surprise. Coincidentally, Annabelle also completed her chart before the big reward purchase- she opted for a pink yoga mat. When we returned from our shopping trip yesterday, I printed out new sticker charts. Both kids are now back to square one.
And Annabelle is very keen to take the lead.
By the time I got out of bed this morning, Annabelle had helped Jack take his pajamas off... and his diaper. She also helped him use the potty, put a pull-up on (backwards), and was in the middle of helping him get dressed when I thanked her and took over, which caused her to have a mini meltdown; she was very upset because she wanted to do it!!!A few minutes later I found out that the reason she wanted to do it so badly was because she thought she would be earning a sticker for helping Jack!

1 comment:
And here you thought she was just helping out ;) haha Gotta love an eager helper though! Happy to hear Jack is doing so well! We are spinning our wheels here. Caleb just flat out doesn't care! But he is pool trained :) When we set up the pool, Scott said, "rule #1 no peeing in the pool, rule #2 obey all rules' Caleb recites this every time we go swimming! lol
We do have our eye on a waterway/canal type toy online that he wants really bad, I'm thinking of making it a potty training reward
Post a Comment