Friday, October 03, 2008

Oh, Hello

I feel like I haven't updated the blog in ages! Not that I don't have anything to say, there is always something crazy going on, I just can't seem to find a chunk of time to sit down and actually think! So, right now the kids are napping and I should be unloading the dishwasher but instead, here I am.

I'll start by posting some pics of my favorite boy, taken yesterday:





I tried to get some snaps of his crazy sister but she was just way to busy running around with some kids at the park. She also kept running away from me.

Anyway, the kids are both in school three days a week and they are having a blast. It 's funny having Jack in school too; watching him interact with all of his new little friends suddenly makes him seem a little bit older. It has been good for him, doing something separate from Annabelle, being in a different class and having new friends. It always felt like everything was all about Annabelle, her being the oldest and all, but now that he is getting older we are starting to have more occasions where Jack is the main focus... The other day we got together with a group of his school friends and Annabelle was the odd man out, which she wasn't overly happy about that at first, but quickly got over. It was just nice to do something that was all about Jack, for once!

An interesting thing about Jack being in school; I get much more information from him than I ever did from Annabelle! Jack will tell me things like, he got a job at school today and the job was "cups", but then he will go on to explain that "cups" is when you pass out a cup for juice to each child at snack time. If I had asked Annabelle if she had a job at school she would have said, "oh I had cups" and nothing more. It is up to me to figure out what that means... Which is surprising for a child who loves to talk so much, you would think she would be a bit more forthcoming with the information. Nada.

In other news: I think Jack has his first crush, possibly his first girlfriend! He frequently talks about Sophia, a little girl in his class, and apparently there is a lot of "Jack talk" at Sophia's house too. Jack claims that Sophia, along with his neighbor and fellow classmate, Connor, are his best friends. It is very cute seeing them all together... I just hope the boys don't end up battling over Sophia!

*and now Miss Annabelle has woken from her mini slumber and I must go and tend to her every need...

No comments: