Friday, January 16, 2009

He Did It!!!!

Yay, Jack... No more binkys!!

So, yesterday afternoon before he went in for a nap, Jack ran into the bathroom and looked in the trash bin for his binkys. When he saw that they weren't there he immediately became concerned and asked where they had gone. I told him that the "binky fairy" had come and removed the binkys because he was too big for them now. He was a little upset, and overtired, and started asking if she could bring them back! I told him that it was too late; the "binky fairy" had already given them to little babies, who needed them much more than big kids. He still seemed a little upset but was willing to give it a try... until he discovered one more binky hidden in his bed! I tried to take it from him but he was so cranky, I caved, and he ended up taking a nap with the bink.

After his nap he handed me that last binky and told me I could give it to the binky fairy..

At bed time he started asking all sorts of questions about the binky fairy: "what is her name?", "where does she live?", "where is she taking my binkys?", "how does she get into the house?" etc... This dragged on for a while. I thought he was working his way towards asking for a binky, but he never did. He eventually fell asleep- He slept through the night without a problem.

In the morning he woke to find the binky fairy had left him a little present on his window sill. He was very pleased, and also very proud of himself.

We're pretty proud of him too!

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Yay, Jack!!! That's also a great picture of both of you :-). Binky fairy, huh? Good one! Very effective playing to his altruistic side with the babies who need them. Very cute.