Jack's birthday was a week ago- he's been FOUR for a whole week. What a big difference. Jack loves being four. I think he decided that he was all of a sudden a "big kid" now that he is four. He's become very responsible all of a sudden! He picks up his toys when asked, puts trash in the bin (unprompted), brings his plate over to the sink when he's finished eating, and has overall been a better listener. I'm sure it didn't really happen overnight, I think I am just noticing it more now that he's FOUR.
On his birthday we had a small party at our house with a few of his neighbor friends and some family. When he woke that morning, he decided that it was his job to clean all of the toys out of the living room so that we could make room for playing games. He brought all of the toys out to the back porch, without me even having to ask him to, and he even dragged the little kitchen over to the back door. He was such a good helper!
For his party we made him a 3D pirate ship cake. It didn't turn out exactly how I had planned but I think he was happy with the results. Nick helped with the decorating; he did the masts/rigging and even rolled an anchor out of a tootsie roll! ...Who knew he was so talented. At four years old Jack is still the sweetest boy ever; of course, like every child, he has his moments of terror, but for the most part, he is very sweet. He is very much a "mamma's boy" and he will still climb up on my lap and cuddle... sometimes.
Other times, he is too much of a "big kid" for me and I cramp his style.... Especially when he is around his friends.
But he still sleeps with his Teddy, and Other Teddy, and about 10 of his other favorite stuffed friends... Never too big for those.
Jack is still very much into cars, and trains, but is starting to branch out more in his play interests. It's not all cars, all the time, any more... Now he plays with everything. He also likes to ride his bike, scooter, and drive super car, which he wasn't really interested in doing much last year. Maybe he feels he has better coordination now that he's four? Who knows.Jack really is a bright little boy; he can spell and write his name, his sister's name, Mommy, and many other words. He can write all his numbers and count on forever... He loves numbers; numbers are "his thing." I have actually seen him count to over 500!
Jack has been using the computer a lot lately; he practices typing things in the "word" program. He knows how to open his file, close it down and save it. Often I have to fight him for use of the computer, which is one of the reasons this blog is not updated very much any more!

2 comments:
Not only adorable and so well loved but smart too!
There are som really great sites to go to that are great with little ones who love numbers!I ll get tehm for you!
Happy Birthday to you all!
Its weird when our babies get older..My firstborn went to the mall and had a bit of eyeliner on today!!Wah!
enjoy!
miss you and hope to see you soon!How aout april vaca?
Happy Birthday Jack!
It sounds like Mommy has a reason to get a new computer...
Post a Comment