I have not been blogging at all lately... I'm not sure why. Maybe it's because the kids are out of school for the summer, demanding every ounce of attention they can possibly get and I have not had a chance to think straight. It's like they hear me typing and start babbling at me!! Right now Jack is asleep on the love seat and Annabelle is watching "Martha Speaks"- a show about a talking dog. Apart from the periodic barks she emits, Annabelle has been relatively quiet... Although, now the show has gone to commercial and the non stop chatter has begun. Team Monkey has been keeping pretty busy lately: this week we are watching my sister's dog, Homer. The kids love having a dog in the house. In fact, they love it so much, they are plotting to steal him by hiding him, and all of his belongings, away in the attic when they come to collect him, shhhhh.
Homer has been a most excellent house guest- apart from being incredibly cute, he has been very low maintenance and has succeeded in keeping the Monkeys pretty well entertained... Can't complain about that!Completely random thoughts:
I've been noticing more and more how grown up the kids are becoming. Last week we were at Cape Cod for a little beach vacation. On a day we were walking in the road to the beach, I took Jack's hand and I remember thinking how HUGE it felt- he is getting so big. I can't stand it.
Also, while we were at the Cape the kids wanted to share a room. Every morning they would wake up and drag all of their pillows and blankets into the living room for a little "camping trip" then they would get up and make themselves breakfast.
Every night before bed Jack wants to read "Mrs. McTats and Her Houseful of Cats." Annabelle gets very frustrated at this because she is "SOOOO SICK of Mrs. McCATS" that she "can't stand it anymore" and it "makes her want to rip her head off"- she is still so very dramatic!
A couple of weeks ago, Annabelle made a new little friend at day camp named Santiago. On the last day of camp she told me that, "Santiago was kissing on her." She is starting a new week of camp soon and is hoping that Santiago will be there... I'm secretly hoping that he is not!





No comments:
Post a Comment