This morning I had to take Annabelle to her new school for a screening- I guess it is a mandatory thing for all incoming kindergarten students. At the screening, the teacher was asking a series of questions to test basic comprehension skills: things like, GIRL is to SHE as BOY is to ___? (fill in the blank), as well as administering different tasks to test motor development; jump on one foot, stack some blocks, blah blah blah.During the screening Jack and I were sitting across the room, filling out some paperwork, and I could hear little snip-its of the conversation. Every time the teacher would ask Annabelle a question, she would answer (correctly) and then go on to tell a lengthy, but relevant, story... And then ask 10,000 questions.
When the teacher announced that they were finished, Annabelle stood up, brushed herself off, then said, "I'm ready to meet the other teachers now. I think I want to be in this class, because they are going to make puppets this year, but I will have to see what the other teachers have planned before I know for sure."
Um, yeah.
From what I heard, it seemed like Annabelle was the one conductiong the screening!

1 comment:
It sounds like Violet and Annabelle are kindred spirits....
Post a Comment