That little waving hand cracks me up... It's like the baby is trying to say hello!So we had another ultrasound yesterday and everything looks great- phew! Baby is right on track for growth, etc. Oh, and if it wasn't obvious from the post title, it's a BOY! He is expected around June 10.
The kids were very excited to find out what we are having. As I'm sure I've mentioned before, Jack wanted a boy, Annabelle a girl. Jack was pretty thrilled when I told him we are having a boy, Annabelle, not so much. Her initial reaction was less than favorable... She immediately started screaming, "NO!" "I WANTED A GIRL!!" "I WANTED A GIRL!" then she proceeded to push Jack, who was trying to make her feel better, and punch him in the nose! I was so pleased I told her directly after school, whilst still in the schoolyard, so everyone could see how happy she was to have a new brother. Not.
By the time we got home, she realized how ridiculous she was being and apologized for acting crazy. She also told me, several times, that she is happy that the baby is a boy. I'm guessing that she became upset initially because Jack got what he wanted and she didn't... Everything is a competition with her and apparently, he won this one!

3 comments:
Congratulations!
Oh, and thanks for the laugh! Although, it's a bit disturbing, since I hoped kids outgrew that behaviour by the time they were 5.
Which reminds me, Annabelle is about to be 6!!! I can't believe the way time flies....
I realize that comment didn't sound right - the reason why I said I had hoped kids outgrew that kind of behaviour, was because the story sounded so much like something Violet would do!
Yeah! Congratulations! More entertainment to come, I'm sure...
Post a Comment