On the way to school this morning, Annabelle decided to give Jack the run down on kindergarten... The conversation went something like this:
Jack, when you are in kindergarten next year and I am in 1st grade you're going to have to do REAL work. You're going to have to write in your journal, write REAL words, and you're going to have to sound things out. Can you do that, Jack? At the beginning you just have to write the letters that the words sound like. But sometimes when you're writing in your journal, the teacher gets bossy. She doesn't always let you write "I love" or "I like" you have to write other stuff and she can get REAL bossy about it.
"Does she get bossy to you, Annabelle?"
Yes. She doesn't want me to write things like, "I love puppies" anymore and that's bossy. But it's OK, I can write other stuff now. Also, Jack, when you get to kindergarten, you can't bring toys into school every day. Only on Friday, when it's share and care day. AND you can only bring in ONE thing!
Wednesday, March 03, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment