Monday, May 29, 2006

Sprinkler Fun

Nick finally finished laying the sod in the front yard... It's been a very slow process, between the digging, the tilling, the broken digging/tilling tools, the chatting to neighbors, the 2 week rain delay... and of course the lack of available sod ANYWHERE in the state!

All obstacles aside, the lawn is finished and it is looking good (apart from a few bad patches).

With a new lawn comes lots of watering, and as the temp. outside was sweltering hot we let the monkeys enjoy a little "splish splash" (as Annabelle would say)...

Which was fun for the moment but, the problem we have now is that whenever any of our neighbor's water their lawns Annabelle wants to run through the sprinklers... which is extremely annoying when you live at the tip of a cult de sac and have a clear view of EVERY lawn!!

4 comments:

J said...

Looks like fun..Yardwork never ends.As long as the children are smiling and you guys can keep a half of a grin ..That's all that matters.Jack is turning into a little boy right in front of my blog eyes...Hope to see you soon!!!

Catherine said...

What a coincidence...Chris is working on our lawn, too. Of course, in addition to everything, Chris has added grading and a retaining wall. He's just finished the wall. I'm hoping the lawn soon follow. Keep your fingers crossed that the high desert doesn't turn it into straw...or I'll just have to covet yours over the web.

Donna said...

I love your pictures. The kids look like they had fun. They are going to have a blast this summer!

Kristina said...

How fun. I remember those days long long ago. I love the pics. :)