Jack is 18 months old today! In thinking about what to write about Jack I have decided that if every child were like him, I would probably have ten...From the beginning Jack has been extremely low maintenance. I can even track his low maintenance-ness all the way back to his speedy conception: no stressful "trying"... One day he was just there (some people may call that an "accident", I on the other hand, like to believe it was fate). Then the pregnancy: happily uneventful with very little morning sickness. Labor/delivery was quick and painless, as was my recovery. All of that carried over to his personality...
Jack is very easy going. I would say that 95% of the time he is happy. The other 5%... Well, no one's perfect. He does get cranky when hungry or tired, and annoyed when he doesn't get his way, but it never lasts for very long. In general, Jack is a pleasure to be around.
Jack is very silly. He likes to play little games like "grab your nose" and "how loud can I make my sister scream". Usually the later game is carried out in a public place, like a restaurant. The other day he instigated a quick round of "Set Go AHHHH" in the car... As I was looking in the rear view mirror I caught Jack and Annabelle looking mischievously at each other and then I hear Jack, almost in a whisper, say: "set, go" and then they simultaneously screamed "AHHHHHHHHH". Laugh. Repeat.Jack's vocabulary is expanding rapidly, he seems to be saying a new word almost every day. He has also become quite proficient at repeating... Just yesterday I asked Jack if he wanted a cookie and then said "Jack say cookie" and he repeated "saaaaay cookie". When I asked him to say thank you he replied "saaaay thank you" (wise guy).
Jack's favorite toys are his cars (or anyone else's). Most often he can be found with a car in each hand. Jack gets very upset if someone tries to take a car away from him, any other thing he will gladly relinquish... Just don't mess with the cars.Jack is also very fond of his Teddy Bear, so fond in fact that Teddy has a backup (just in case). Jack doesn't like to go to sleep without his Teddy Bear and lately he's been bringing "backup Teddy" into bed as well... So, me thinks it may be time to get a backup for "Backup Teddy" (just in case).
At eighteen months of age Jack has been labeled the neighborhood vandal. He likes to go around "tagging" the neighbors' cars with chalk... Luckily they think he's cute. I bet they won't think he's so cute when he breaks out the spray paint.Jack has recently started climbing on top of the little chairs and table. He is not very good at getting down from on top of the table and hasn't quite worked out how to ask for help... That little effort usually results in tears.
With each passing day Jack is becoming more and more of a little person and less of a baby. He is running around, climbing up stairs, (falling down stairs), voicing his opinion and growing like a weed. He has tons of teeth, tons of smiles, and he even blows kisses! At his 18 month checkup Jack was 34 inches tall and weighed 29lbs 3oz!
Updated September 25, 2006:
Today I caught the little vandal in action!

No comments:
Post a Comment