Annabelle seems to be the only one who really knows what Jack says. I’m not sure if they share some secret toddler language that only those under four feet can understand or if she is making it all up... But if I had to guess, I would say that her understanding of Jack’s speech is all just a ruse, well crafted and geared toward benefiting herself...Annabelle: "Jackie wants to go to the toy store."
Me: "What does Jackie want at the toy store."
Annabelle: "Jackie wants a red ball. And I'll have a yellow one."
Me: "What would you like for lunch?"
Annabelle: "I'll have peanut butter & Jelly and Jack wants a hot dog."
Me: "Jack wants a hot dog?"
Annabelle: "Yes. Can I have a bite?"
Me: at a store being nice "You can have one toy. What would you like?"
Annabelle: "I'll have the Dora/Diego/baby Jaguar" (action figure set)
Me: "Are you sure that's what you want?"
Annabelle: "Yes. Jackie wants this police car."
Annabelle: "Jackie wants to put his shoes on."
two seconds later "Mommy, look, my friends are outside!! Can we say hi?"
Me: "Jack, finish your dinner."
Annabelle: "Jack's not hungry."

1 comment:
My, my........How history tends to repeat itself.
I remember, it was approximatelty 34 years ago, that I, too, needed your sister Stephanie to interpret what you requested. Most often it was one of her favorite things !!!
Post a Comment