I am so annoyed. I was trying to get a decent shot of Annabelle wearing her new shirt that her nice Auntie Kristen sent her, when the camera slipped from my hand and landed face down on the hardwood floor, on the lens which was fully extended. I picked the camera up and tried to retract the lens, it gave a pathetic little moan but wouldn't budge. I gave it the once over, and it was then that I noticed the camera body, much like my own, is falling apart at the seems.
A slight panic set in before I remembered that; when I bought the camera originally (2 years ago), I might have also purchased an extended (4 year) warranty from Best Buy. So I searched every place I could think a Best Buy warranty plan might be hiding, and I found several... Including one for a Canon Elph, purchased in 1999! But alas, none belonged to the Canon SD500, smashed camera of the day. Which made me not only annoyed, but also very sad...
Then I thought: Hey, I can get a NEW camera! I've been thinking about getting a digital SLR anyway, I even recently told Nick that if he wanted to get me one as a joint Christmas/birthday gift, that I would be happy to accept it. Problem solved! Only, as nice as a digital SLR would be, it is rather bulky, and I would also like to keep a little point and shoot handy for chasing after Monkeys and all, which would mean that I might have to go ahead and get a new point and shoot, as well as a SLR... And probably a divorce too.
Not ready for a divorce yet, I waited on hold with the Best Buy service department for over 20 minutes (surprisingly, my cordless phone-yet another Best Buy purchase- didn't die out on me during this time), and a very nice gentleman got on the phone and informed me that yes, I did purchase the extended warranty for that particular camera! He gave me my sacred warranty number, told me to bring that, along with my busted camera, to the nearest Best Buy store and they would have my camera back in tip top shape in no time! Yeah!!
So, to get to the long-winded point: I won't be posting any new pictures for a while... Except for this not-so-great one, which I was able to salvage for Auntie Kristen:
And husband, even though my little camera will be mended soon, I still want a digital SLR for my b-day.

2 comments:
thanks for the picture effort!
i also like how you linked to the camera you want :-)
you should tell nick that you need it as "hazard pay" for changing poop more than he does!!!!
Get the digital SRL!! That is what I FINALLY got when I entered the digital world and I love it! If you research, you'll be able to find one with multiple lenses too! -- btw, I picked up Adobe Photoshop and it's REALLY cool. Oh the things you can do with a digital and a computer! I had no idea!! I've turned to the dark side...
Post a Comment