Thursday, January 08, 2009

Happy New Year!!

I'm so behind on posting on this blog.

I haven't felt like updating the blog at all this year - I think I'm spending too much time on Facebook. Maybe that should be my New year's resolution- less Facebook, more blogging!

So, not much has happened yet this year... We had a very mellow New Year's eve- Nick and I hung out at home and watched the ball drop, the Monkeys were in bed by 7:30pm. It was a pretty typical year. Maybe some day we'll spice things up and let the Monkeys stay up late with us... maybe.

The kids are finally back at school after having had over 2 weeks off for Christmas/New Years, plus a couple of snow days. I thought it would be a loooong vacation for me, being home with them all day, but it really wasn't that bad. We were so busy most of the time that the kids started asking to stay home so that they could play with their new toys! When they were home they were very good- I think I only had to beat them twice :)

Annabelle has started back at her Tuesday morning acting class, which she loves, and has also started taking ice skating lessons on Sundays. She is ecstatic about the ice skating... She had been asking to go every weekend since I took her that one time last winter. She received ice skates for Christmas so now, at least with the lessons, she is guaranteed to go every weekend, which she is thrilled about.

I've been feeling a little guilty about Annabelle having two weekly activities to Jack's zero, so I think I may try and sign Jack up for swimming again. He really loves the water, in fact, just yesterday he tried to swim in a giant puddle outside of school, it was 25 degrees out, so I think he would appreciate an indoor pool at this point.

Other than that, not much going on... Jack has been playing nonstop with his Geotrax trains and Annabelle has become quite proficient with watercolors!

No comments: