Monday, December 24, 2007

Ice Skating

Annabelle and I went ice skating on Saturday!

I haven't been ice skating in probably 15 years and this was her first time so I was a little nervous about taking her... In case I fell on top of her or something! But it was all good. After about 3 seconds it all came back to me and I was even able to show Annabelle a few tricks.

Annabelle was so excited about going ice skating. She had been asking to go for about a month, since my mother gave her a shirt with a big ice skate on it, so she has had a lot of time to "prepare". On the drive to the skating rink she kept talking about what a great ice skater she is (did I mention this was her first time?) and how she was going to make a "figure eight" and do all sorts of stunts. I think it was a bit of a shocker for her when she first stepped onto the ice and realized that it might not be so easy!

She did surprisingly well though... She was, understandably, a little nervous at first but she held on to the side and did a complete lap around the rink with minimal assistance from me! By lap number two she was ready to let go and head out into center ice to practice her stunts!

Annabelle was so funny. She spent a lot of time checking out what the "big kids" were doing and trying to mimic them. She was also checking out what they were wearing, particularly their skates. Some of the kids were wearing hockey skates and others had nice clean white skates... Annabelle had dirty white rental skates, and she was VERY annoyed about that!

So of course I had to promise her that we could get some nice new CLEAN ice skates for the next time we went skating... But in the mean time she would have to eat some cotton candy to help ease the pain.

1 comment:

Kristen said...

oh i'm very impressed! and i like the skating outfit too.

next stop the ski area!